On May 10, 2011, at 10:54 , Bennett, Tony wrote:

Simplistically, they are files used by Apache to control
exclusive access to some resources.

Don't delete them.

OK, thanks. Even if they are 5 years old and there are many newer ones? They are size 0, but still, I find it weird they would fill up that folder seemingly indefinitely.

Does it make a difference if I'm the only user ever using Apache on my local machine (for testing websites I'm working on)? I actually blocked port 80 in my firewall, so no outsider could ever hit my Apache.

Thanks for your replies!
Steven