I have a reasonably working mod_rewrite solution for serving
pre-compressed files. But if I enable mod_deflate, it seems to override
my mod_rewrite method.

Basic problem is this:
serving jquery.js with mod_deflate takes 1sec to load, serving it
pre-compressed (and mod_deflate disabled) takes 180msec to load.
With mod_rewrite + mod_deflate enabled, I get the same 1sec to load this
file.

So I want to pre-compress some files, and have the rest be compressed on
the fly. How do I make mod_deflate get out of the way for pre-compressed
files?