----- Original Message -----
> Hello,
>
> On 20.04.11 00:47, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
> > I have noticed that when running Joomla, or in-fact any browsing
> > capable
> > PHP code, I am able to navigate above my virtual host document root
> > and
> > look at other virtual host files.
> >
> > How would one stop this ? I have taken a look at mod_chroot but
> > that does
> > not seem to work as ChrootDir can only be used in the main
> > configuration
> > and not in the VirtualHost directive.
>
> just a 1.5 months ago this question was asked and (imho) answered.
> Usually the PHP scripts are run under the same user apache runs as,
> so they
> have the same permissions.
>
> You can limit files which can a PHP script access by using PHP
> directives
> open_basedir and doc_root.
>
> You can run peruses MPM wich apathe 2.2.
>
> You can also run PHP as CGI using suexec, but that's a bit
> ineffective.
> I don't know how does FastCGI work.

I managed to get Joomla working, kind of, in an Apache 2.2 chroot but then I
hit a problem with JDate not working so I raised
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=25870

I have now switched to trying to get SuExec and FCGI working but hitting an
issue with:

[Fri May 13 08:29:29 2011] [warn] [client XXXXXXXXXXXX] (104)Connection reset
by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
[Fri May 13 08:29:29 2011] [error] [client XXXXXXXXXXX] Premature end of script
headers: test.php

Though will post this as a separate thread.
--
Thanks, Phil