----- Original Message -----
> On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 12:16 PM, --[ UxBoD ]-- <ux...@splatnix.net>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have been experimenting with Apache running on port 80 and then
> > proxying
> > to a second instance on 8080; the second instance being chrooted.
> > All is
> > working great except .htaccess due to it being processed by the
> > second httpd
> > instance which sees all connections coming from 127.0.0.1. Is there
> > any way
> > around this or should I move the restrictions directly into the
> > httpd.conf ?
> > --
> > Thanks, Phil
> >

> Thats because the connections *do* come from 127.0.0.1 . There are a
> number of 3rd party modules (well, mod_remoteip is apache 2.3+) that
> will update the apache request so that it appears to come from the IP
> that the first apache puts in X-Forwarded-For.
>
> mod_rpaf2
> mod_remoteip
>
> Cheers
>
> Tom

Thanks for the though I must be doing something wrong as I have added to the
Apache conf running on port 8080:

LoadModule rpaf_module        modules/mod_rpaf-2.0.so

<IfModule mod_rpaf.c>
   RPAFenable On
   RPAFsethostname On
   RPAFproxy_ips 127.0.0.1
   RPAFheader X_Forwarded_For
</IfModule>

and it is still writing 127.0.0.1 into the log files and blocking in .htaccess.
I have checked the error log and no issues there; plus have ran phpinfo() and
see that X-Forwarded-For is being set correctly.

Any thoughts ?
--
Thanks, Phil