Why does this code never works properly on my server?  i.e. it freezes
my server and no pages are rendered.

<IfModule mod_expires.so>
    ExpiresActive On
    ExpiresByType text/html M3600
    ExpiresByType text/css M3600
    ExpiresByType application/x-javascript M3600
    ExpiresByType image/bmp M3600
    ExpiresByType image/gif M3600
    ExpiresByType image/x-icon M3600
    ExpiresByType image/jpeg M3600
</IfModule>

The idea is to create a cache of files used and keep them for 60 minutes
(3,600 seconds).  I have uncommented this line first:

LoadModule expires_module modules/mod_expires.so

I am using Apache 2.2.19

The full layout is as follows:

<IfModule !mpm_netware_module>
<IfModule !mpm_winnt_module>
#
# If you wish httpd to run as a different user or group, you must run
# httpd as root initially and it will switch.
#
# User/Group: The name (or #number) of the user/group to run httpd as.
# It is usually good practice to create a dedicated user and group for
# running httpd, as with most system services.
#
User daemon
Group daemon

</IfModule>
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_expires.so>
    ExpiresActive On
    ExpiresByType text/html M3600
    ExpiresByType text/css M3600
    ExpiresByType application/x-javascript M3600
    ExpiresByType image/bmp M3600
    ExpiresByType image/gif M3600
    ExpiresByType image/x-icon M3600
    ExpiresByType image/jpeg M3600
</IfModule>
# 'Main' server configuration

Do I need to nest it with the other two IFModules?

Thanks.