that's always going to be file system or site authentication.
Are you sure the DNS for the three sites is pointing at the same place?

Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 11:08:38 +0200
From: bocali...@gmail.com
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Permission denied virtualhost alias

Hi,
I got the following parameters in my VirtualHost configuration:
<VirtualHost *:80>    ServerName www.someserver.com
    ServerAlias www.otherserver.com    ServerAlias otherserver.com
    DocumentRoot /var/www/public_html
    ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error_log    CustomLog
/var/log/apache2/access_log combined
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php index.php4 index.php5

    <Directory /var/www/public_html>        Options -Indexes +IncludesNOEXEC
+FollowSymLinks        allow from all         AllowOverride All    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>
I can access without any problems to www.someserver.com and
www.otherserver.com, but otherserver.com (w/out www) returns HTTP error 304:
Permission Denied.
I'm clueless about what the reason could be.
Note that all hostnames are pointing to the same IP address.
Any help would be kindly appreciated.