On 2011-06-19 04:31, Igor Galić wrote:
----- Original Message -----
Just upgraded from 2.2.10 to 2.2.19 [*], and Windows service won't
start
-- it gives me two lines in the error log (LogLevel is set to debug)
claiming that it's starting up:

      Starting the Apache2.2 service
      The Apache2.2 service is running.

Then it silently dies.

Running httpd from the command-line seems to work fine, giving
reasonable messages in the logs and serving pages correctly, but
using
httpd -k start or the Windows service manager to attempt to start the
service never leaves the parent process running more than a second or
two.

Given that my configuration hasn't changed, except for the upgrade,
does
anyone have any ideas?

*To upgrade, I uninstalled, then installed with the openssl-enabled
MSI
-- the MSI package didn't seem to want to upgrade in place, and kept
complaining that the product with that ID was already installed, or
words to that effect.
Did that uninstall and reinstall the service?

I think so, and in any case I used httpd -k uninstall/install and even config myself a few times to see if that would make a difference.

I wondered if the user account configuration for the service was wrong, but I'm not totally sure what it ought to be in any case.