On 16.06.11 15:58, Zaccone, Warren wrote:
I was able to reproduce with ab by requesting a php script that has an infinite
loop.

Running multiple copies of this script concurrently brings httpd into a hang state, that it will not recover from without manually restarting the httpd server.

while (1) sleep (20);

I have timeout set to 900 but it does not appear to be working.  Will this
timeout protect the server from such scripts or should is there something else.

set max_execution_time in php.ini.

for CGI and SSI executed processes, you need to set RLimitCPU
My mind is like a steel trap - rusty and illegal in 37 states.