On 2011-07-31 00:54, Rob Stone wrote:

Sorry I have created such a discussion around my use of the word "include". In future I'll try to be semantically correct.

By "include" I mean lines of code like this that are embedded into the source html.

<?php include "xyz.php"; ?>

And that's exactly the point - it's not "including" anything in the HTML file. It parses and executes the PHP code embedded in the HTML file, and that PHP code contains a command that includes *other* PHP code.

Nowhere does anything get included in an HTML file.

All of these files echo something back so if a user did a Ctl+U they would not see that "line" but html tags and data. Some of my php files read a database and echo back something, even if it is only "no records found".

But when I access my application via localhost and do a Ctl+U, I see those lines and not html tags and data.

If apache2 can process a file containing <?php phpinfo(); ?> and display the contents of php.ini with colourful markup, is it using the php5 "engine" or doing it all by itself??

Apache does not process these embedded commands; that is all done by PHP.

--
J.