On 2011-08-01 20:11, Jakov Sosic wrote:
On 2011-08-01 17:21, Jakov Sosic wrote:
Hi.

I run RHEL v5.6 and can see this kind of entries in my apache error_log:

[Sun Jul 31 23:27:44 2011] [notice] child pid 6974 exit signal Bus error
(7), possible coredump in /tmp/httpd-gdb-dump
[Sun Jul 31 23:27:44 2011] [notice] child pid 6976 exit signal Bus error
(7), possible coredump in /tmp/httpd-gdb-dump
[Sun Jul 31 23:27:44 2011] [notice] child pid 6979 exit signal Bus error
(7), possible coredump in /tmp/httpd-gdb-dump
Which apache or third-party modules are you running ?
What VERSION of apache httpd are you running ?
This is not optional information.
I said RHEL v5.6 (x86_64 architecture), so versions are:

I don't assume package versions from the mere mention of an OS.

RHEL packaged and patched:
--------------------------
Apache - httpd-2.2.3-45.el5_6.1
PHP - php53-5.3.3-1.el5_6.1

EPEL packages:
---------------------------------
mod_extract_forwarded-2.0.2-2.el5

3rd party (compiled and packaged by me):
php-eaccelerator - 0.9.6.1
php-pecl-memcache - 2.2.6
php-mcrypt - 5.3.3
php-sqlite - 5.3.3

mod_jk-ap20 - 1.2.30-1jpp

I suspect it's php too. But how to locate which module is to blame?

The dump tells you it's happening in

        php_ob_append

(apart from strcpy in libc6, which will probably not be the reason, or your OS
wouldn't run at all)

See what provides that function, and go down the list from the dump if it's not clear what goes wrong.

Is there any way I can debug this any further? Crashes occur randomly,
and apache service is not affected, pages are being served regulary
before and after this kind of errors. Hardware is out of question
because I have this problem on more than one server...
It's PHP.

It's always PHP.
It's possible. How can I debug it further? Maybe I should ask on some
other list because I can feel the negativity from your comments...

What negativity ?
It is quite customary to provide - at the very least - the apache version and versions of any relevant modules, complete log entries with nothing elided, and steps to reproduce the problem if that is at all possible. That you spout "RHEL 5.6" and leave us to deduce the rest can only lead to misunderstandings and, at worst, misdiagnoses.

Wouldn't you rather move in the right direction from the start ?

I've shown with my first post that I'm not lazy and can do basic research.

Nobody is doubting that, or, in fact, anything whatsoever.
You need to provide sufficient information for the people on this list to have a chance at diagnosing what's wrong.

I don't see why you need to be so defensive about it.

I'm sorry if you understood my question as an attack on apache project.

I did not - I understood it as a lack of required information.

--
J.