On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 00:41 -0400, "Craig Huffstetler"
<craig.huffstet...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 16:51, <[1]go1...@mailnew.com> wrote:

  Hi, I am using Apache 2.2.17 on Windows Server. To experiment
  with the
  limit of number of simultaneous connection, I used the
  directive
  ThreadsPerChild set the number to 1. So I am only supposed to
  be able to
  have one connection at a time. But I am surprised to see I can
  use two
  curl clients to download files at the same time. I wonder how
  to explain
  this.

  You should use MaxClients run-time argument and not worry
  about ThreadsPerChild configuration option for what you are
  trying to accomplish (1 simultaneous connection). MaxClients
  is a run-time argument that sets the limit on maximum
  simultaneous requests that can be supported by the server.

If there are more concurrent connections to your Apache daemon
than the number set using MaxClients, the requests will be queued
up to a number based on ListenBacklog directive.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Craig

Craig,

I would like to try the MaxClients setting. Are you talking about
adding the following as the command line arguments -
httpd.exe -c "MaxClients 2"? Based on Apache document, MaxClients
is only available to modules beos, prefork and worker. I am not
sure is available for Windows. The only module available on
Windows is winnt.

Thanks, Andrew