Hi all,

I'm running the Apache web server 2.2.17 on an openSUSE 11.4 system.

Out of security reasons I need to have the root file system mounted read-only.
/var is mounted read/write on a separate partition, thus the log files do not
cause any problem.

When booting my system I get the following errors, due to read-only rootfs.

mv: inter-device move failed: `/tmp/apache2.PLbqAdT67tqh' to
`/etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/loadmodule.conf'; unable to remove target: Read-only
file system
/usr/share/apache2/get_module_list: line 113:
/etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/global.conf: Read-only file
system
/usr/share/apache2/get_module_list: line 114: 3: Bad file descriptor
/usr/share/apache2/get_module_list: line 136: 3: Bad file descriptor
/usr/share/apache2/get_module_list: line 140: 3: Bad file descriptor
/usr/share/apache2/get_module_list: line 141: 3: Bad file descriptor
/usr/share/apache2/get_module_list: line 144: 3: Bad file descriptor
/usr/share/apache2/get_module_list: line 151: 3: Bad file descriptor
/usr/share/apache2/get_includes: line 15:
/etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/include.conf: Read-only file
system
/usr/share/apache2/get_includes: line 16: 3: Bad file descriptor
/usr/share/apache2/get_includes: line 43: 3: Bad file descriptor

Does anybody have some experience with that topic and can provide a solution?

I came up with two ideas. Either link the affected files to some place on var
or try to remount
rootfs rw in the apache2 init script and afterwards mount it ro again.

Any suggestions, which idea to prefer and/or howto implement it in a reasonable
way?

Thanks,
Moni

Monika Kistler

Telemotive AG
Büro Mühlhausen
Breitwiesen
73347 Mühlhausen
Tel.:      +49 7335 18493-82
Fax.:     +49 7335 18493-20
Mobil:  +49 175 2902903

http://www.telemotive.de
mailto:monika.kist...@telemotive.de

http://www.telemotive.de
Firmensitz: Telemotive AG - Breitwiesen - 73347 Mühlhausen
Vorstand: Franz Diller, Markus Fischer, Markus Stolz
Vorstandsvorsitzender: Peter Kersten
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dipl. Kaufmann Thomas Derlien
Amtsgericht: Ulm HRB 541321