How about a single web page with a number of iframes, each containing
the URL you describe?

-----Original Message-----
From: plot.lost [mailto:plot.l...@gmail.com]
Sent: 02 September 2011 10:56
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Is it possible to have a central balancer-manager
for multilpe vhosts?

Hi,

I have several virtual hosts defined on a single apache instance, all of
which use a a reverse proxy (proxypass) to talk to different back-end
servers. Each proxypass uses a balancer: reference, with the proxy
balancer entries having multiple BalancerMember entries.

At the moment in order to view the balancer status or edit worker
settings I have to go to a location on each vhost that has the
'SetHandler balancer-manager' defined in it, and check/update each vhost
in turn.

Is it possible to define (maybe using a dedicated vhost) a single place
that can manage all of the <proxy balancer:> entries. I don't mean to
share the proxy balancer entries themselves across vhosts, but to have a
single page where I can view the status of every proxy balancer entry
and update if required, regardless of which vhost that proxy balancer is
for.

At the moment I need to go to a URL on vhost1 to get

LoadBalancer Status for balancer://server1 LoadBalancer Status for
balancer://server2

and then a separate URL on vhost2 to get

LoadBalancer Status for balancer://server3 LoadBalancer Status for
balancer://server4

and so on.

What I would like to do is got to a single URL that shows something
like:

LoadBalancer Status for <vhost1> balancer://server1 LoadBalancer Status
for <vhost1> balancer://server2 LoadBalancer Status for <vhost2>
balancer://server3 LoadBalancer Status for <vhost2> balancer://server4
etc.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

www.global-presence.org

Travel less, videoconference more. It does not cost the Earth.

Impact Marcom Ltd trading as Impact | Registered in England No. 1166286.
Registered Address: Europe House, 170 Windmill Road West, Sunbury-on-Thames,
Middlesex, TW16 7HB

The information contained in this message is intended only for the recipient,
and may be privileged, confidential and/or protected from disclosure. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, please be
aware that any dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly
immediately notify us by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer. Impact Marcom Ltd reserves the right, subject to applicable local
law, to monitor and review the content of any electronic message or information
sent to or from Impact Marcom employee e-mail addresses without informing the
sender or recipient of the message.