I'm certainly no expert, but have you run a memory test on this server? Maybe it's a red herring, but the "Failed to read a valid object file image from memory" message and the fact that it's started crashing suddenly after working for 3 years would make me suspicious. If you don't have time to run memtest through it's paces, maybe you can try reseating/swapping around the RAM (or swapping compatible RAM from another less mission-critical server) and see if the nature of the problem changes or goes away.

Paul