From: William A. Rowe Jr. [mailto:wr...@rowe-clan.net]
Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2011 6:12 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org; Wang, Mary Y
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] httpd Will Not Start ....

On 10/1/2011 7:30 PM, Wang, Mary Y wrote:
> Oops.  The httpd version is  Apache/2.2.15.
>
> Any ideas on what I can do next?  My head is spinnning.  Everything used to
> work until we have a system upgrade.  All the files are the same as before
> (that was what I was told), except we moved to a new cluster.
> I'm running on FC5 and httpd-2.2.0-5.1.2.

Presuming you fixed the first problem and added the valid SSLSessionCache
directive, and those warnings no longer show up, there's not a lot we can tell
you from what you've reported.
Note that FC5 is antique, a dinosaur, and nobody should be running it anymore
on an outward facing server.

You might check if there are more than one ErrorLog that the startup failure
messages might be going to.  You should be trying to start the server manually
(it certainly seems like you are).  Try dropping the -k start presuming this is
on unix, and try using the httpdctl, apachectl, or apache2ctl script command
instead to ensure that all the system settings and environment variables
triggered by that script are invoked.
(I don't know your install, so I can't tell you the name of your script, but it
probably resides in /opt/csvn/bin/).  httpd is usually the executable, not the
start script.

Finally, since there isn't much to go on, you might want to try asking for some
assistance on irc.freenode.net, #httpd channel, since there are likely to be a
bunch of iterations of asking you for enough details to work out what might be
going on with your install.