On October 4, 2011 10:09 , Nick Tkach <ntk...@gmail.com> wrote:
I know I've read in the past that the TRACK method is not supported by Apache. Is that correct? Anyone have a reference they could point me to that explains that? I just need something to point our engineering group to to explain that only TraceEnable Off is needed (not the rewrite rule).

As far as I know, that is correct: Apache HTTP Server does not implement the TRACK method. I don't know of any reference that explains this, but you can check the source code: see the function ap_method_registry_init() in the file modules/http/http_protocol.c If you are looking at the latest (unreleased) source code, then see lines 439 - 474 at

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/http/http_protocol.c?view=markup

As you can see, "TRACK" is not in the list of methods registered.

You can double-check this by searching all of the Apache HTTP Server source code for the word "TRACK" as well as for any calls to the function ap_method_register(). ap_method_register() is how modules such as mod_dav add support for new methods to Apache HTTP Server.

I hope this helps.

--
  Mark Montague
  m...@catseye.org