On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Josu Lazkano
<josu.lazk...@barcelonamedia.org> wrote:
> Hello list! I have a Ubuntu server with Apache2 to serve a Moodle web.
>
> I notice that where there are few users (4 or 5) requesting pages, the
> Apache2 process goes to 100% on all CPUs (4 cores).
>
> I try with memcached but it still getting 100% CPU usage.
>
> What I must check? I will appreciate any help.
>
> Thanks and best regards.

Moodle is a PHP framework.
PHP scripts run embedded inside Apache*.
High CPU usage in Apache whilst serving PHP pages is usually due to
the PHP page.

The best people to help with why the framework works so poorly are the
people who wrote the framework.

Cheers

Tom

* Usually. You can also run out of process, using FastCGI, which will
quickly make clear how much work Apache is doing, and how much work
PHP is doing. If you are using mod_php, its running embedded.