On 10/18/2011 11:08 AM, Tom Evans wrote:
On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Georgi Georgiev<georgi....@gmail.com>  wrote:
Hello, I have slackware 13.37 web server, but when I open from browser
wordpress for example list the php file instead loading the site. I have in
httpd.conf (tryed different variants)
<Directory />
     AllowOverride Indexes
     #Order deny,allow
     #Deny from all
allow from all
DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
</Directory>
<IfModule mod_dir>
     DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
</IfModule>
  tryed and with htaccess, but no effect. Uncomented the line in httpd.conf
for mod_php, but again the same. Where is the problem - missing module,
error in the cod or? If recompile php?

In addition to what Mark has said, your<IfModule>  line is incorrect.
You can either use the module file name, or you can use the module
identifier.

For the directory module, the file name is 'mod_dir.c' and the module
identifier is 'dir_module', neither of which match 'mod_dir', so that
directive is never applied.

Secondly, do you ever intend to run the server without mod_dir? Is it
ever correct to start the server without mod_dir making index.php a
directory index? If it is not, the<IfModule>  is redundant and will in
fact hide this error if mod_dir is not enabled for some reason.

Cheers

Tom

You should not use AddType for this. Instead, use:

<FilesMatch \.php$>
SetHandler application/x-httpd-php
</FilesMatch>

See http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/PHPDownload and