Thanks Tom,
have tried uncommenting in conf file EnableSendfile off, EnableMMAP off and (EnableSendfile off + EnableMMAP off)

current config has
-----
EnableMMAP off
EnableSendfile off
-----

still have problem, some jpeg's (even quite large ones) load ok and others some small don't (always at the same point in picture). Very strange, and annoying

as another test have loaded problem files to hosting server and pictures load in browser correctly just not on local machine.

thanks