On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 12:47 PM, Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com> wrote:

> On 22 Nov 2011, at 12:36, <christian.kai...@lew.de> <christian.kai...@lew.de>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello to all,
>>
>> I set up a reverse proxy with module mod_proxy_html enabled.
>> Now all html entities will be rewritten, for example: &uuml; to ü
>>
>> Can I prevent this rewriting?
>
> Probably not.  Can you do it with libxml2?
> (it's a long time since I looked at how the parser deals with
> entities and encoding, so I could be wrong).
>
> If it's causing something to display incorrectly, then either
> you're missing mod_xml2enc or you found a bug.

ISTR this is a libxml2 thing - the entities are correctly encoded and
parsed by libxml2, but when they are output there is no requirement on
libxml2 to turn them back into entities - it is just as legal (and
results in a smaller document) if they are left as (I assume) UTF-8
characters.

Nick, does mod_proxy_html set/alter xmlSubstituteEntitiesDefaultValue
(from <libxml/globals.h> ? I think this controls the behaviour on
parsing a document.

Cheers

Tom