On 22.11.2011 12:19, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
Dear List members,

Setup:

Apache 2.2.20
Tomcat 6.0.32

global config

###
ProxyErrorOverride On
ErrorDocument 500 /500.html
ErrorDocument 404 /404.html
###

[snipp]

Question:
When the tomcat returns a 404 or 500 the httpd shows the tomcat default
error page and not the httpd ErrorDocument.

after a quick look up in the src

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/modules/proxy/mod_proxy_ajp.c
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/modules/proxy/mod_proxy_http.c

I have not seen a similar line in the mod_proxy_ajp.c

###
... in function
static
apr_status_t ap_proxy_http_process_response(apr_pool_t * p, request_rec *r,
                                            proxy_conn_rec *backend,
                                            conn_rec *origin,
                                            proxy_server_conf *conf,
                                            char *server_portstr) {
/* The status out of the front is the same as the status coming in
             * from the back, until further notice.
             */
            r->status = proxy_status;
            r->status_line = proxy_status_line;
###

Could this be the reason why the ErrorDocument & ProxyErrorOverride
does not work with ajp?

When we switch to http connector & balancer http we get the httpd ErrorDocument.

Cheers Aleks