I'm looking at how apache is set up under OS X Lion and Snow Leopard. It seems
to me in both cases that, for the default apache config, fast-cgi is disabled
as the corresponding LoadModule is commented out. Is there a particular reason
why this should be?

I notice that under SL, the fast-cgi module is a good bit older than other
modules, and under Lion, there isn't even one provided. Does this mean that it
has been integrated into apache or might there be some other reason?

I'd like to run an instance of apache that *only* needs to respond to AJAX
requests from localhost (in fact, I'm already doing this). It won't be asked to
serve html pages, it will only be running PHP scripts. Is this a situation
where ideally apache would be doing fast-cgi? Are there any optimisations I can
do with the apache config in this situation?

--
Cheers  --  Tim