On 12/05/2011 03:43 PM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
On 12/05/2011 02:12 PM, Nick Kew wrote:
On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 13:11:10 +0100
Dennis Jacobfeuerborn<denni...@conversis.de> wrote:

The filter inserts a header and a footer in the page from two files. I can
modify these files and don't see an update when I reload but I *do* see an
update when I shift+reload. So the filter definitely gets invoked.

Is the filter your own, or supplied by a third-party?

If you have access to the source, please check whether it sets the
AP_FILTER_PROTO_NO_CACHE flag in ap_register_output_filter_protocol.

I created the filter myself so I changed the registration from

ap_register_output_filter("TESTFILTER", testfilter_filter, NULL,
AP_FTYPE_CONTENT_SET);

ap_register_output_filter("TESTFILTER", testfilter_filter, NULL,
AP_FTYPE_CONTENT_SET|AP_FILTER_PROTO_NO_CACHE);

This doesn't seem to change anything though. I still get the 304 response
without any headers that forbid caching.

Just out of interest shouldn't the FilterProtocol directive with cache=no
have the same effect as the flag and if I set the flag in the code can I
remove the directive from the configuration (once cache prevention is
working as intended)?

Ok, so I just noticed you were talking about ap_register_output_filter_protocol() and not ap_register_output_filter() so I guess the change above is pretty useless.

The question is how/where do I add the ap_register_output_filter_protocol() call? Is that something I do in addition to the content filtering I do now or does it replace what I'm currently doing i.e. do I turn my resource filter into a protocol filter (which doesn't sound right)?

Regards,
  Dennis