Howdy,

according to RFC 2616 chapter 15.1.3 "Clients SHOULD NOT include a Referer
header field in a (non-secure) HTTP request if the referring page was
transferred with a secure protocol" which makes sense in certain circumstances
because of sensitive data the HTTPS request would hand over. But is there any
way to configure the HTTPS site's Apache to strip down this behaviour and tell
the web server to only deliver the hostname within the referer header? In our
case we need some kind of solution to pass-through the referer to external HTTP
sites for evaluation purposes. Our site uses purely HTTPS. Many thanks in
advance for any hints.

Cheerio,
Chris