Thanks for the info...

I'm slowly figuring things out. I installed Starman on my test server.
Moving on to the Perl application and then the apache 2 config.

On Dec 27, 2011, at 10:40 AM, brainbuz <brain...@brainbuz.org> wrote:

I strongly recommend Starman or another native Plack (PSGI) process server
over fcgi or mod_perl.

See the 2011 Catalyst Advent Calender for my article on this. If you look
at different Perl Sites you will find a number of good reasons you should
use Plack. The short list:

   - Plack process servers are written expressly for the purpose of serving
   Perl applications.
   - Starman serves a web application as HTML, which can then easily be
   proxied.
   - You only need 2 modules on Apache to support it: Proxy and
   proxy_httpd. Optionally rewrite.
   - Your apache configuration can be as tiny as a single proxypass
   directive or rewrite rule. If your application can be made proxy aware (as
   catalyst ones can), proxypassreverse isn't even necessary.
   - By running your Perl process externally to the web server your
   webserver will start much faster.
   - By running your Perl process externally to the web server a problem
   with one won't prevent the other from loading.
   - By running your Perl process externally to the web server, when you
   need to restart your process server  other things being served will be
   unaffected.