On 1/16/2012 11:54 PM, Sandeep Bhatia wrote:
> Hi All ,
>
> We are upgrading the Apache Web Server from 1.3.34 to 2.0.59 on AIX 5.3 Tl12
>
> During the compile step we are getting the follwoing error.
>
> ld: 0711-738 ERROR: Input file strings/.libs/apr_cpystrn.o:
>         XCOFF32 object files are not allowed in 64-bit mode.
> collect2: ld returned 8 exit status
>
> Although , we have already set enviroment variable OBJECT_MODE to 64.

Which is not enough to coerce your compiler to emit 64 bit output.  You
missed a lot of details, such as whether you are trying an xlc or gcc
build.  Back up a few steps and try asking again with more details :)

Note 2.0.59 is absolutely ancient.  2.0.64 is the current *legacy*
release and soon to be orphaned.  2.2.21 is the current release which
will soon be superseded by 2.4.  You will get far more help and responses
to problems with the current release than stale releases such as 2.0.59