H Anam,

I'm with Tom on this one. The additional processing required in order to "forward" the request most likely far outweighs the "lightweight" benefit of using a lightweight server. I would recommend doing this the other way round if you would like to do this, so lightttpd receives the request, if it's static, serve it, if not, forward to apache. That way round you might actually get a benefit from using one of the lightweight http servers.

Kind Regards,
Jaco

On 29/02/12 11:08, Anam Ali Khan wrote:
Thank you Tom for your reply.

I don't want to serve static content from Apache, i want to forward those requests to lightweight web servers and they should be capable to serve those content.

*From:* Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com>
*To:* users@httpd.apache.org; Anam Ali Khan <anamalik...@yahoo.com>
*Sent:* Tuesday, 28 February 2012, 19:54
*Subject:* Re: [users@httpd] Static content switching in Apache

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Anam Ali Khan <anamalik...@yahoo.com <mailto:anamalik...@yahoo.com>> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to implement following configurations in Apache web server:
>
> Static content switching (forwarding) of files in Apache to lightweight web
> servers -> Servers like thttpd/lightttpd
> Responce should be return directly by those lightweight web servers.

mod_proxy will do that.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html

Apache is quite capable of serving files from disk though, why not just let it?

Cheers

Tom

To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscr...@httpd.apache.org <mailto:users-unsubscr...@httpd.apache.org> " from the digest: users-digest-unsubscr...@httpd.apache.org <mailto:users-digest-unsubscr...@httpd.apache.org> For additional commands, e-mail: users-h...@httpd.apache.org <mailto:users-h...@httpd.apache.org>