On March 1, 2012 11:40 , =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Antonio_Fern=E1ndez_P=E9rez?= <antoniofernan...@fabergames.com> wrote:
My apologies for these messages. Now, I have checked it and is growing the access log file. How can I do to deny these requests? I'm trying to configure Apache to deny all requests that tries to execute .dll files ind cgi-bin directory. Any idea? I don't know how can I do it.

Unless you completely turn off logging, so that no requests get logged, then your log files will grow. If you have access logs turned on, then any successful request -- such as for the go_away.html page when someone attempts to access a .dll file in the cgi-bin directory -- will get logged. If you have error logs turned on, then all unsuccessful requests, including all requests for files that do not exist AND all requests which are denied -- will get logged.

I strongly recommend keeping both access logging and error logging turned on so that you know what is going on with your server.

Why is it a problem for you that the access logs and error logs grow? If it's a disk space problem, you really should get more disk space, or look into remote logging to a separate machine. If it's a problem with having things in the log files that you don't want to see ("cruft" or "noise" in the log files), then use a program that analyzes log files for you, makes them more intelligible, and generates reports -- there are many programs that will do this, and these programs take many different approaches. Some programs to look into include Splunk, logwatch, swatch, AWstats, Analog, and Webalizer. Do a google search on "log file analyzer" or "log file filter", or describe what you want to do on this mailing list and ask for advice.

--
  Mark Montague
  m...@catseye.org