From: Tom Evans [mailto:tevans...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 9:49 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org; Anam Ali Khan
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache + Tomcat Load Balancing

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Anam Ali Khan <anamalik...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It looks like very complex configuration in your application environment.
> You can achieve the same with HAProxy example as given before.
>
> Why opt for complex configuration instead of easy available solution.
>
> Thanks,
> Anam

Your non-complex solution involves replacing the load balancing httpd server
with a load balancing HAProxy server.

I fail to see how that decreases complexity. You have to learn how to configure
two things, instead of one thing twice.

HAProxy also cannot serve static files, whilst a load balancing httpd can.

Cheers

Tom