On Mar 19, 2012, at 4:53 PM, Joe Hansen wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'd like to redirect all (http and https) requests for domain a.com to domain
> b.com.
>
> I have the following in the apache config files:
>       Redirect https:/a.com https://www.b.com
>       Redirect http://a.com http://www.b.com
>
> Though all the http requests are correctly getting redirected, https requests
> aren't. What do I need to do to get this working?

This isn't valid at all. The first argument of a Redirect directive is a URL
path, not a fully-qualified URL.

Your question is answered here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/rewrite/remapping.html#canonicalhost  The
solutions offered are in decreasing order of best practice, but note that the
<If> syntax is only available in 2.4.

You should, of course, consider upgrading to 2.4 if possible.

--
Rich Bowen
rbo...@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen