On 3/25/2012 12:52 AM, Ajay Garg wrote:
> Sorry if I may sound a bit too demanding, but I will be really
> grateful if you could let me now the appropriate commands to generate
> appropriate "SSLCertificateKeyFile" and "SSLCertificateFile", which
> will get the "connection to HTTPS WebDAV" server working (just about
> working locally). For production-based deployment, certificates can be
> generated on an official basis by my organisation.

Ajay;
   The commands you ran actually generated these files. At this point,
you will point to them inside a virtualhost:

Listen *:443
<VirtualHost *:443>
   ServerName ValueOfCommonName

   SSLEngine On
   SSLCertificateFile /path/to/ssl.crt
   SSLCertificateKeyFile /path/to/ssl.key

   #Add your WebDAV directives here
</VirtualHost>

In your production environment, you will submit the ssl.csr file for
signing and the returning file will be the ssl.crt file. You should also
get a chain file back as well. This becomes the value of
SSLCertificateChainFile and is used for clients to tie your server's
identity to a trusted authority.

--
Daniel Ruggeri