On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 5:14 PM, Ryan Bowman <ryanlbow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That doesn't sound correct to me, the balancer-manager page has a
> status column, and shows that one is OK, the other is Err. (see the
> attached screen shot)
>
> Apache knows that the backend server is having problems, shouldn't
> Apache then know to send the requests to healthy nodes?

There are no healthy nodes for that route, and no redirect route
configured for that route.

Also, you have "nofailover=off", but say "what I want is that if the
node is down that all requests would go
to the up node, sticky sessions be damned". Surely you just want this option on?

"""
nofailover      - Off - If set to On the session will break if the worker
is in error state or disabled. Set this value to On if backend servers
do not support session replication.
"""

If you have session replication, then both backends should be on the same route.

Cheers

Tom