On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 09:40:03AM +0300, Brestin Sebastian wrote:
> Hello,
> Why if I am using <Directory "/server/dir"> and the server is offline I get
> invalid path and apache will not start? How could I manage this?

More detail would be helpful, but it looks like you are mounting a
storage server across a network onto /server, yes?  If there is
nothing mounted at /server, what do you see?  If there is not a local
path /server/dir and the server is not mounted over /server then
"/server/dir" is indeed an invalid path.  (So far as the local
filesystem is concerned, it is the same case as if the storage *is*
mounted at /server but there is no subdirectory "dir" in the root of
that remote volume.)

If HTTPD must start even though the storage server is not mounted, you
could make an empty directory "dir" under the local "/server" and I
think that would satisfy the HTTPD configuration interpreter.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
Asking whether markets are efficient is like asking whether people are smart.