The exact error message during ./config_nice (of a working 2.2 installation on another machine) is

Bundled APR requested but not found at ./srclib/. Download and unpack the corresponding apr and apr-util packages to ./srclib/.

I went to http://apr.apache.org/download.cgi and downloaded apr-1 and apr-util.

As for apr-1, I found a a setup for building (configure, make etc.) which appeared to be successful. Nowhere did I see anything to "unpack to srclib"

As for apr-util, I can't build because

configure: error: APR could not be located. Please use the --with-apr option.

This option requires a "path to installed APR or the full path to apr-config"

So I seem to be going around in circles and any help would of course be appreciated.

Bernard Higonnet