On 2012-05-14 15:26, Stefan Bauer wrote:

Unfortunately we want to have several machines behind the proxy.

The client should talk to the servers directly.

You have to decide wich it is. Either the client talks to a proxy that talks to the server OR the client talks directly to the server.

> according to the path /webmail or /sharepoint, the decisions should
> be made by apache to which server the forward is made.

"Forwarding" could mean proxying or redirecting. If you want the client to talk directly to the servers, you are looking at redirecting the request rather than proxying.

If you put the servers behind a proxy, the clients will not talk directly to the servers.

Regards
/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman