I am running apache 2.2 and would like to have the server listen on a
second SSL port.  I don't need to use a separate certificate or anything
like that.  All I want to be able to do is to rewrite the URL (already
know how to do that), so that a portion of the website gets redirected
to a separate port.  This will allow me to use firewall access lists so
that part of the web site is only accessable to specific IP addresses.

So for example, I will rewrite:  https://mydomain.org/private-login.php
as https://mydomain.org:5678/private-login.php

I would like the web server to serve SSL on both ports 443 and 5678, so
the public part of the web site would be accessible on port 443.  I
tried editing ssl.conf and adding a second port, but wasn't sure what to
do with the <VirtualHost _default_:443> line.

Thanks,
Nataraj