Thanks for your reply, Ishita.

All of the Debug statements are set to OFF.

I have one major question at this point:  Are the mod_wl directives scoped
local to the <IfModule> and <Directory|Location|LocationMatch> sections in
which they appear?

We have many sections that create wl clusters, but the only requests that I
have noticed in the wl logs are from this section:

<LocationMatch "/PNT/Indices" >
    <IfModule mod_weblogic.c>
        WebLogicCluster host1:port, host2:port, etc.

        Debug OFF
        DebugConfigInfo OFF
        SetHandler weblogic-handler
        PathTrim /PNT/Indices
        WLCookieName    PST_JSESSIONID
        WLLogFile wl.log
    </IfModule>
</LocationMatch>

Could it be that simply having the WLLogFile onfig option set is causing the
logging to persist despite the OFF value of Debug?

Eric