On 06/02/2012 06:19 AM, Jean-Christophe Boggio wrote:
Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

Le 02/06/2012 03:35, Michael Streeter a écrit :
To clarify, are you looking to have the URL in the browser change? If so, change the [L] in the RewriteRule lines to [LR].

No, I want that when they try to reach :

http://medecine-et-enfance.net/archives/voir.html?file=J_2005_01_039.pdf

they get the content "as if" they had called :

http://medecine-et-enfance.net/showpdf.html?file=J_2005_01_039.pdf

Transparently (for them).

My problem is why the /archives/voir.html page is still being called (as seen in a warn() in the
page itself, not only in the access.log) ?
Is this normal behaviour ?

I'm afraid I'm stumped on that one. I too would expect that voir.html wouldn't be opened with the rewrite in place.
Can users still get the files with the voir URL if voir.html is removed?
Are the .html files actually Perl CGI scripts?
If your server has low traffic and if you can afford to temporarily bring your site down down maybe stracing will provide further clues as to what is going on? The output would be too long to paste in a mailing list, but sometimes looking through it can provide ideas for further investigation. Stop the httpd service, then run something like: strace -o strace.log -vtf httpd -X Then go to "http://medecine-et-enfance.net/archives/voir.html?file=J_2005_01_039.pdf";, stop the strace, and take a look at strace.log.