It may not have all the options you want installed, but I worked on a set
up scripts in ./build/aix

The idea is that if you run build/aix/buildaix.ksh it does a configure for
you. I also suggested a layout for AIX (look in config.layout).

The layout uses /opt/httpd, /var/httpd and /etc/httpd as the directories to
put the files and puts the man pages in /usr/share/man1

The "difficulity" is with apr and apr-util. As long as these can be found
the configure command should run fine.

Note: if you have already run configure (i.e. Makefile exists) the scripts
do not run configure but run
make
make DESTDIR=xxx install

and then calls a final script that creates an installp installable in
build/aix/xxx.I

This creates both a root part and a usr part (man pages, binaries go in usr
part).

Am very interested in hearing how it works (or where it did not work); what
you like, do not like.

regards,
Michael

note: the script tests for the fileset with the mkinstallp command and
stops if it is not installed.