I'm running Apache 2.2.2 as a service on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, as installed with the MSI installer:

httpd-2.2.22-win32-x86-openssl-0.9.8t.msi

I'd like to run it with some "-D name" parameters to define conditional behavior, and occasionally change those parameters.

(Most of my experience is on Unix/Linux where I'm used to using IfDefine blocks freely.)

I suspect I can modify the command line run for the service with the "sc" command, but I'd like advice on the specific syntax.

sc qc says:

C:\Windows\system32>sc qc Apache2.2
[SC] QueryServiceConfig SUCCESS

SERVICE_NAME: Apache2.2
        TYPE               : 10  WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
        START_TYPE         : 3   DEMAND_START
        ERROR_CONTROL      : 1   NORMAL
BINARY_PATH_NAME : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\bin\httpd.exe" -k runservice
        LOAD_ORDER_GROUP   :
        TAG                : 0
        DISPLAY_NAME       : Apache2.2
        DEPENDENCIES       : Tcpip