Hello,
Sorry for such a newbie question. I would need clarification concerning the
exact scope of what Apache is meant for. Is it correct to say that Apache
is a server only for responding to http requests (typically generated from
a client browser)?
My situation is that I want to set up a mysql server responding to queries
from remote clients which are QT desktop applications (queries use ODBC
standard for connections). This is not a scenario in which Apache could be
of any use as I will not be using http, php, etc, is that correct?

Many thanks

Saikari