Hi List,

Some days back I came across a very weired problem, and I am not able
to figure out. The security scanners scanned one of our public facing
website and they said that webserver is vulnerable to HTTP methods or
may be webdav is enabled. I looked around the code and couln't find
anything. Below is my findings and approach

1. Webdav module is not enabled at all on the webserver.

2.
<Directory DOCROOT>

<Limit GET POST OPTIONS>
              Order allow,deny
              Allow from all
          </Limit>
          <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS>
              Order deny,allow
              Deny from all
          </LimitExcept>
      AllowOverride None
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
   </Directory>

3. DELETE and PUT is disabled  by rewrite rules

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^DELETE
RewriteRule .* - [F,L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^PUT
RewriteRule .* - [F,L]