Hello,

I am trying to configure webdav for a folder and I am consistently hitting a
problem: Whenever files are copied to the webdav share, the operation aborts
and the error log of Apache contains the following entries:

[Sat Sep 15 14:16:27 2012] [error] [client 81.210.X.Y] (2)No such file or
directory: This resource is locked and an "If:" header was not supplied to
allow access to the resource.  [423, #0]
[Sat Sep 15 14:18:41 2012] [error] [client 81.210.X.Y] Could not LOCK
/mydrop/Sample folder/P1290025.JPG due to a failed precondition (e.g. other
locks).  [423, #0]
[Sat Sep 15 14:18:41 2012] [error] [client 81.210.X.Y] (2)No such file or
directory: Existing lock(s) on the requested resource prevent an exclusive
lock.  [423, #0]

Here is my configuration:

DavLockDB "/var/lib/dav/lockdb2"
<IfModule setenvif_module>
BrowserMatch "Microsoft Data Access Internet Publishing Provider"
redirect-carefully
BrowserMatch "MS FrontPage" redirect-carefully
BrowserMatch "^WebDrive" redirect-carefully
BrowserMatch "^WebDAVFS/1.[012345678]" redirect-carefully
BrowserMatch "^gnome-vfs/1.0" redirect-carefully
BrowserMatch "^XML Spy" redirect-carefully
BrowserMatch "^Dreamweaver-WebDAV-SCM1" redirect-carefully
</IfModule>

<VirtualHost 217.A.B.C:80>

        ServerName www.bla.com
        DocumentRoot "/home/bla/blubb/htdocs"

        <Directory "/home/bla/blubb/htdocs">
                Options None
                AllowOverride AuthConfig
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

         Alias /mydrop /home/bla/blubb/htdocs.webdav
         <Location /mydrop>
         DAV On
        Options Indexes
                        AuthType Basic
                        AuthName "Drop - Please enter password"
                        AuthUserFile /home/bla/blubb/htdocs.webdav/.htpasswd
                                                <Limit GET PUT POST DELETE
PROPFIND PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
                                Require valid-user
                                                        Order allow,deny
                                                        Allow from all
                                                </Limit>
        DavMinTimeout 600

         </Location>

        <IfModule alias_module>
                ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/www/myhost/cgi-bin/"
        </IfModule>

        php_admin_value suhosin.session.encrypt Off

        LogLevel Debug

        ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/host_x_error_log

        <IfModule log_config_module>
                TransferLog /var/log/apache2/host_x_access_log
        </IfModule>

</VirtualHost>

Any ideas? I have already checked the permissions for the lock, but they are
fine (file is owned and writable my Apache user, so is the directory). Any
ideas? The Apache version I use is 2.2.22 , mod_dav, mod_dav_lock and
mod_dav_fs are enabled. The issue happens regardsless of the "Limit" directive.
And it happens even if I nuke the lock file or create a new one, the problem
remains after restarting Apache.

Kind regards,
Werner