On 10/18/12, Mark Montague <m...@catseye.org> wrote:
> But in your original email you said, " the ssh key is "-rw-------"
> permission which deny apache to access it".  If apache owns the key, it
> should be able to read it.  Or do you mean "/usr/bin/ssh refused to use
> the key, even though it could read it, due to it being in a directory
> owned by another user and/or readable by another user"?
>
> Either way, it's good that you're only using this key for the web
> application and nothing else.

I cannot log in as apache, so I have to login as root to create
directory. I have to fix it by changing directory ownership from root
to apache. The apache account seems set up to be no-login, just
wandering if I could login as apache user, not root user to edit
apache file and directory?

> The apache home directory can be changed, if you want to change it.

Sure, but normally we should not change it.

> The DocumentRoot directive says, "make all files in and below this
> directory available to web clients".  Do you want people requesting
> http://your.server/.bashrc or http://your.server/.ssh/id_rsa  ?  If not,
> make sure that the DocumentRoot directory and the apache home directory
> are two different things.

I know, it is actually in different level, the ocumentRoot = /var/www/html.

> Under CentOS, the default DocumentRoot directory is /var/www/html so if
> you have not changed this, it is OK to have the private ssh key in
> /var/www/.ssh/id_pub since that will not get served to clients.

You are right. Thank you very much Mark.

Cheers.

Jupiter