On 11/1/2012 12:59 AM, ABHISHEK GUPTA wrote:
I want to configure apache in a way that all the request from mobile browsers are redirected to a separate virtualhost and requests from desktop browsers are served from another virtualhost.

Abhishek,

Because I recommend that the mobile site have a choice to choose to view the full site, this is likely best handled on the full site with a user agent check that then redirects to the mobile site coupled with a cookie check.

However, mod_rewrite would be the likely answer based on user agent if you wanted to implement it that way. http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/rewrite/access.html has an example access control with user agent but instead using the condition to redir with a rule such as (untested):

RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT}   ^iPad
RewriteRule ^(.*)         http://mobile.mysite.com/$1 [L,R=permanent]

Regards,
KAM