On 18/11/2012 12:02 PM, "Chris Arnold" <carn...@electrichendrix.com> wrote:

> >This doesnt make sense you are proxying a domain to itself. Please read
the mod_proxy docs and examples.

> > ProxyPass /    http://192.168.123.4/somepath/
> > ProxyPassReverse /    http://192.168.123.4/somepath/
>
> I did read the docs and they were some what helpful but not completely.
Hence, my email to the list. What i am trying to understand is the sections
and what they mean. For instance, ProxyPass /. Does this refer to what will
be proxied?
Correct which is the whole document root in this case.

And http://192.168.123.4/somepath where the request is proxied?
Correct.

So in my instance, i need to proxy /welcome/client-software.html
(ProxyPass) to a whole different apache server (http://192.168.123.4)?
Correct and thats what you said you want to do right?

Or do i have it backwards?

> I do have this working (not what i wanted but is useable):
>
> ProxyPass /    http://welcome.domain.net/
>
> ProxyPassReverse /    http://192.168.123.4/

ProxyPassReverse only makes sense in case of reverse proxy for which you
need to set ProxyRequests to off. So are you trying to set proxy or reverse
proxy?