Hello,

I am still trying to get my apache to authenticate against a mysql
database. I've looked at my available options and it looked like
mod_auth_mysql was discontinued so that was a non-starter. My other
option was mod_dbd with the apr-util-mysql driver, well that one also
didn't work, I kept getting password mismatch errors.

My last option is looking like mod_dbd using the ODBC driver so in
httpd.conf I set the driver to odbc and specified user and password
but I am stuck. According to the mod_dbd docs odbc needs a data source
I am not sure how to provide this. Do I need myodbc installed at all?
If it helps my database server is on localhost.

Thanks.
Dave.