On 11/21/2012 11:59 AM, Netmail wrote:
> Hi
> I want to configure my websites on ssl in my apache 2.2.22 and I read many
> document but I don't understand many point:
> - in my httpd.conf there aren't the loadmodule mod_ssl and I go to install
> the mod_ssl via yum install mod_ssl; restart httpd but the line loadmodule
> mod_ssl there isn't in httpd.conf.. question 1: I have to add the string?
>
> Thanks for support.
> Andrea

In many Linux distributions that provide software package management
tools, Apache modules are enabled and disabled using a binary executable
file (program), and not "by hand", e.g., editing a configuration file.
For example, in Debian/Ubuntu, the "a2enmod" and "a2dismod" utilities do
the job.

I assume that you're using RedHat, or some variant thereof, though, and
the procedure there differs. Others may feel free to correct me if I'm
wrong, but on RedHat, CentOS, etc., it is necessary to add a
configuration file for the given module in /etc/httpd/conf.d/. Apache
scans all configuration files in this directory on startup by default.

Have you searched the Internet at all on this subject? There are plenty
of useful resources out there...

-Ben