Hi there,
we are about to go live with a site we reimplemented.
The site structure is different between the two sites.

What I now would like to do is that old content is fetched from the old
site.
This I try to do with apache redirect rules:

Here they are:
    #--------------------
    # old site
    #--------------------
    RewriteRule ^/web(.*)
http://127.0.0.1:8181/VirtualHostBase/http/%{SERVER_NAME}:80/ecweb/ecweb/web/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P,R]

    #--------------------
    # new site
    #--------------------
    RewriteRule /(.*)/$
http://127.0.0.1:8192/VirtualHostBase/http/%{SERVER_NAME}:80/ecweb/ecweb5/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P,R]
    RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://127.0.0.1:8192/VirtualHostBase/http/%{SERVER_NAME}:80/ecweb/ecweb5/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P,R]

Now this works fine using google chrome V23 and safari (version unknown), but
fails on firefox and IE

you can try it yourself with:
http://www.energie-cluster.ch
http://www.energie-cluster.ch/web

I do not have yet a proxy (like varnish) installed

thanks for any pointers
robert