On 5 Feb 2013, at 14:29, Jakub Nieznalski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got problem that Apache accepts malformed URI, for example
> localhost/?foo=bar% The percent sign makes that request unvalid, but Apache
> will accept that. Nginx, or Unicorn will respond with 400.

That's a request for URL / , with parameters foo=bar%

I'd guess nothing in your server is looking at the parameters.
If it's a static page and there's no complex configuration that
might be affected by parameters, why should the server waste
its time?

Note that if you request /foo=bar% you will indeed get a 400.

> How can I achieve the same result? Is there any mod or rule that will tell
> apache to return 400 for invalid request?

If you want to protect some vulnerable application, a WAF.
For a simpler solution to just the question, mod_taint.

--
Nick Kew